Friday, September 7, 2012

A Rollercoaster Week


There’s no other way to explain it. This week’s been a rollercoaster ride.

Monday
I was interviewed at Howling Turtle. (Thanks Larissa!)

Tuesday
I was the guest blogger at VampChix. (Thanks Anna and Michele!)

Wednesday
I’m seriously thinking about changing the Guardian of Atlantis book cover. I even mocked up a new cover.

Thursday
I started asking students which cover they liked better and why. About 14% liked the original cover.86% liked the new cover design. You’ve gotta love junior high kids! They’re very vocal about what they like and dislike.
I also helped my husband with preparations for this weekend’s BBQ cook-off we’re entered in.

Friday
I was interviewed at The Indie Spotlight. (Thanks Greg!)
I’m heading to the cook-off as soon as work is over today. Hubby’s already there and setting up. We’ll start cooking tonight and will have turn-ins for brisket, pork spare ribs, chicken, and jackpot beans throughout the day on Saturday.

For several years now, my husband and I have competed in BBQ cook-offs. We’re not too bad. We’ve got a collection of trophies and ribbons. Our team is called Outcast Cookers.

And during this whole time, I’ve been trying to write at least 1,000 words a day. Most days I succeeded and even went over the goal. And then there was two days that I didn’t make my goal. But I did write.

I’m also back in the classroom as the teacher. In fact, this was my second full week of school.

I’ll post some pictures from the BBQ Cook-off later.

Have a great weekend!!!