Sunday, October 7, 2012

no Halloween today, just ramblings...

Fall weather has definitely made its way to Texas. The high today was 58 (Fahrenheit). But it's not here to stay. Tomorrow it'll be in the sixties and for the rest of the week, they're predicting highs in the 80s. Still cooler than our typical summers, but not the cold weather I'm ready for.

I've spent a good part of the weekend looking for bloggers who are willing to review my book or do an interview/promo. I've gotten a few replies and have already sent out some ebooks. I want to thank everyone who has bought copies of Guardian of Atlantis and No Rest for the Spirit and Other Ghostly Tales (they're only .99 cents if you haven't bought your copy yet--hint-hint-wink-wink). Ya'll are awesome!!! I know it's often a gamble when you buy a book by a new, unknown author. I've been and still am in your shoes. My Kindle is full of books by new, unknown authors as well as traditionally published authors. Some I really like and others that are okay but...you get the idea. That's why there are lots and lots of books to pick from.

I've also been working on book 2 in the Children of Atlantis series. Haven't broke a 100 pages on the manuscript yet, but almost--something like 2 and a half pages to go. I took a break to work on the cover idea. I had to come up with a new idea. The picture I had originally planned on using, can't use anymore. Someone else beat me to it, which was probably a good thing because I've come up with a cover concept that I like better. Tomorrow I'm going to show the "mock-up" to some friends to see what they think and go from there.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!