Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday W(ork) I(n) P(rogress) Teaser #5


 Excerpt from Chapter 6 of Wrath of Hades

“She’s not here.”

“Who?” Raven asked as she turned to look at the person speaking to her. The man was tall, but broad shouldered. His long dark hair was pulled back and tied with a leather cord at the nape of his neck. Raven frowned. He looked familiar.

“Meritus Myers. She’s not here. I’ve checked the building and so have several others.” He flashed a smile at her.

Raven paled. She took a couple of steps away from the man.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

He sounded genuinely concerned but Raven knew better. She knew it was his way of luring people into his trap. She wouldn’t fall for it, not like she almost did last time. “I’m onto your tricks. You may have the rest of them fooled, but not me. I know better. I know exactly who you are.”

The man frowned slightly. “I think you have me mixed up with someone else.”

Raven shook her head. “You’re not fooling me, Zeus. Or should I saw Uncle Zeus.” Raven tried to put some distance between them, but he matched every step she took.

“I’m not Zeus.”

“Right. What game are you trying to pull now?”