Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday W(ork) I(n) P(rogress) Teaser #6


 From Chapter 6 of Wrath of Hades

Raven folded her arms over her chest. “What gives with the Zeus look-a-like?”
Lee shook his head. “Is she always like this?”
“She is in the room. And she wants some answers.” It really irritated Raven when people talked about her like she wasn’t even there.
Professor Snyder sighed. “You two are definitely related. I really should have gotten a cup of coffee before we started this.”
“He and I aren’t family.” Raven raised an eyebrow.
“Afraid so,” said Lee. He leaned against the door. “Your Uncle Zeus is my father.”
“Great! Absolutely! Flipping! Great!” Raven rolled her eyes. “It’s bad enough I’ve had Meritus trying to kill me, but now I’ve got you?” She looked over at the professor. “And you knew about this? I thought you were on my side.”
“I am on your side. That’s why I had Lee come here so that he could teach you self-defense. Who better to teach you than Hercules himself,” said Professor Snyder.
Raven stared at Lee for a few seconds. “You’re Hercules?” she asked.
“Yes,” he said.
“Is this some sort of game, where you win our trust and then try to kill me to get Atlantis so that you become daddy’s favorite child?”