- October 8 is World Zombie Day.
- George A. Romero's 1968 movie, Night of the Living Dead, is credited as being the zombie movie from which all zombie movies today can trace their roots back to. The zombies in this movie are the result of radioactive contamination from a space probe returning from Venus that explodes in the Earth's atmosphere, and of course the resulting zombies are hungry for human flesh.
- According to the zombie lore, the only way you can kill a zombie is to somehow damage its brain or cut off its head.
- Yes, zombies are dead and they can move, but they don't have superpowers. In fact, zombies tend to have fewer abilities than when they were alive.
- Zombies don't generate or heal, so any damage is permanent.
- Zombies are affected by the same rate of decomposition as any other "normal" corpse. Eventually the top speed of a zombie will be reduced to a crawl or even get to a point they can't even move.
Some facts courtesy of Random Facts.