Sunday, March 10, 2013

What I just finished reading


Moonlight (Dark Guardian, #1)

Moonlight (Dark Guardian #1) 
by Rachel Hawthorne


I see him and I know what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever.

KAYLA is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying-and thrilling-gene that will change her life forever.

LUCAS is dangerous, gorgeous ... and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way.

As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny. 

Description courtesy of Goodreads.


 I've had this book, as well as book 2 and 3 in the series, on my TBR shelf for awhile. I actually forgot I had them and found them a couple of weeks ago. This is actually the first book I've read by Rachel Hawthorne. It's a fairly easy and quick read.