Friday, April 12, 2013

Weekly Recap #11

I haven't gotten a lot of writing done this week, but I knew this week and next would probably be that way. I did, in joking with one of my classes, come up with another middle grade book idea. I'm am playing with the plot (I can work and stop and come back to it without losing any of the idea as sometimes happens when I have to stop in the middle of writing a scene). The best way to describe the idea right now is science fiction horror meets The Breakfast Club. The base idea is down. I'm playing with characters and character names.

Right now, we getting ready for the BBQ Cook-off this weekend, and the child's party this evening. The child, as I call him, is actually a grown man ( I have to keep reminding myself). He'll be 22 in a couple of months. The party tonight is to celebrate one of those milestones in your life. Next week he leaves for basic training. Yelp, the child is enlisted in the army. I'm proud of him and what he's accomplished to get to this point in his life, but, as a mom, I'm said because my baby is leaving and I'm worried about what he will have to face as a soldier. I've tried not to do any crying, but a I write this, the reality is hitting me and the tears are coming.

With what's going on in the world right now, I pray for all the soldiers and their families.