Monday, October 1, 2012

Favorite Family Movies for Halloween

It's October!!!!
And that means...fall, cooler weather (the highs are dropping into the 80s instead of 90s and 100s), rain (yeah, but need more), fall colors, pumpkins, start making more soups and stews and of course, chicken and dumplings (my son's favorite), ghosts, scary stories, and Halloween!!!

Okay, you get the idea. I love this time of year. So what am I going to blog about this month? Bet you can't guess...

There will be a lot of Halloween related stuff.

So let's start the month with a list of my favorite family movies for Halloween.

  1. The Nightmare Before Christmas (I'm trying to figure out how to use this one in my speech class!)
  2. Hocus Pocus
  3. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
  4. Practical Magic
  5. Coraline
  6. Matilda
  7. Monster's Inc.
  8. Ghostbusters
  9. Haunted Mansion
  10. Monster House
  11. Casper
  12. The Addams Family
  13. The Addams Family Values
  14. all the Harry Potter movies
Yes, I know some of these aren't that scary, but they're good family movies for this time of year. Put a couple of these on and curl up on the couch with some hot chocolate or coffee (spiced pumpkin lattes--my fave) and popcorn.

What are your favorite "scary" movies for the family? (And don't worry, I've got a list of my favorite scary, scary movies to share with you.)