Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday W(ork) I(n) P(rogress) Teaser

What is Sunday W(ork) I(n) P(rogress) Teaser? It's a new weekly blog I'm starting today. Each Sunday, I'll put up between six and ten sentences from the current manuscript I'm working on or wip. Right now, I'm working on book 2 of the Children of Atlantis series.

So here is the first teaser. It comes from chapter 1.

Raven wiped the moisture off of her cheeks. She looked at the statue. "Thanks for listening. Sorry if I got you wet." She patted the cold marble and sighed.

The snap of something or someone stepping on a broken twig echoed through the area. Raven whirled around. She scanned the area, but the mausoleums blocked most of her view.

"Great," she mumbled. "Just great. I walked right into the perfect ambush. What was I thinking?" She slapped her hand to her forehead. "Oh yeah, I wasn't."