Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Countdown--my game plan...hopefully

Originally I was planning on a really quiet day with just my husband and son, but you know how that goes. It seems like plans are always changing. You just have to go with the flow. So I have to come up with a new game plan, and I think I've got it...hopefully.

I don't have to worry about the turkey or the ham. My husband's going to smoke both of them on the BBQ pit.

Sunday, I have to make a couple of pumpkin logs. My son asked for those because he wants to take one to work with him. No one at my house, except for me likes pumpkin pie, but everyone will eat the pumpkin logs--go figure. There's my substitute for pumpkin pie.

Wednesday is my first day of Thanksgiving holidays from school. I'm going to bake several different cookies and bread rolls. I'll definitely have to make extras, because they will disappear when I'm not looking. I'll also make the cornbread I need for dressing.

So on Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) while my husband is cooking the turkey and ham, I just have to make the cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, gravy and put together a veggie tray (I probably should do that on Wednesday night).

What else do I need to do?
Definitely have to go by Starbucks to get coffee beans. I'm the only one in the house who drinks coffee, so I "splurge" on my coffee beans. Hopefully they'll still have one of the holiday blends. If not, I'll get something like the Yukon Blend or Pike's Place Roast.
I'll really need the coffee because I'll be working on book 2 (Children of Atlantis series) edits and rewrites once the visitors are gone. I also have to work on the cover design too.
I'm almost finished with the first draft. Just two chapters left to write. I'll meet my deadline on Saturday! YEAH!!!!

Get ready!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner!!!