Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Interview with Phoebe Wilson from The Monster's Scribbler



Annie here. In celebration of the release of The Monster’s Scribbler, Phoebe Wilson stopped by to answer a few questions.

Annie: What is your full name?

Phoebe: Phoebe Lynnette Wilson.

Annie: You are a Scribbler. What exactly is a Scribbler?

Phoebe: Actually, I’m still trying to figure it out. A scribbler is a person who can see and hear monsters as well as be seen and heard by them. Monsters are drawn to scribblers. We listen to them, give advice, and document everything. We’re kind of a therapist to the monsters. I hope that made sense.

Annie: So there are actually a lot of scribblers?
Phoebe: I haven’t meet any others. It would be nice if there was someone else out there, that way I would have someone to talk to about what we’re supposed to do.

Annie: Do you have any special abilities?

Phoebe: None that I know of, but a lot of weird things happen around me. I don’t think it’s because of me though.

Annie: Why do you say that?

Phoebe: Wisteria Mountain is not a normal town…well, it is normal…it’s a town with people and houses. You know what I mean about normal. The town has a strange past that’s been hidden from everyone. There’s a lot of strange things going on in and around town. The town is filled with monsters. What do you expect?

Annie: Let’s talk about some of your favorite things.

Phoebe: Okay.

Annie: Favorite color.

Phoebe: Midnight blue.

Annie: Favorite ice cream.

Phoebe: Vanilla. You can add all kinds of stuff to it to change it up. You can’t quite do that with other flavors.

Annie: Favorite food.

Phoebe: Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza.

Annie: Favorite school subject.

Phoebe: History.

Annie: Favorite music genre.

Phoebe: Pop is my favorite, but I like a lot of other stuff too.

Annie: What would be your ideal day of fun?

Phoebe: A day that I could hang out with my friends and go shopping or to the movies.