Saturday, July 12, 2014

More Books to Come in Both Series


The Children of Atlantis

There are several more books planned in the series. I was writing the short story, Ethan’s Trials, when I realized this was actually the beginning of book 4 in the series. So, I stopped writing and set it aside. I need to plot book 4 with this story incorporated into it.

I’m finishing the outline for book 3. I’m one of those writers who has to know what happens from the beginning to the end of the book. The outline is my road map. I have to know where my characters are going on their journey.

My goal is to have book 3 out sometime in December/January.



Wisteria Mountain High series

The Monster’s Scribbler has been out in ebook for a couple of weeks. The paperback is now available at Amazon. In a few days, it should be available in paperback at Barnes and Noble. I’m really excited about this book.

The Monster’s Scribbler was actually written several years ago…a good three years before I even had the idea for Guardian of Atlantis. After I finished The Monster’s Scribbler, I started the search for an agent. I got several partial requests (they wanted to see x amount of pages) and even a request for the entire manuscript. I was ecstatic!

But the manuscript was rejected.

The common excuse was “it’s not right for us.”

During this time, I wrote the second book and started outlining the third and fourth books. As the rejections piled up, I decided to shelve the series and move on to another idea. At the time, self-publishing was not even on my radar.

A couple of months ago, I was sifting through some of the files I had moved from my old computer over 1 ½ years ago. I had not looked at them in years, and had no idea why I decided to move them to my new computer, but I did. Anyway, I found the Wisteria Mountain series file and tucked inside was The Monster’s Scribbler.

I read the story.

I read it again, this time fixing anything I thought needed fixing. I created a cover, formatted the files, and uploaded everything.

The Monster’s Scribbler, Book 1 in the Wisteria Mountain High series was finally published.

Book 2 in the series needs to be read, fix any plot problems, and rewrite. I also need to look at the plots I’ve already done for the next two books and redo them.