Thursday, January 3, 2013

I just "borrowed" this MEME!

I "borrowed" the following from Lynn Viehl who nicked it from Shiloh Walker. I think it's a really neat idea.


1. What is the working title of your book?
Zombie (Yes, I have a title in mind, but I'm not quite ready to reveal it.)


2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
Off and on for a couple of weeks I was having a series of weird nightmares filled with zombies. The dreams wouldn't go away even after I woke up--they stayed with me. So I started tossing around a couple of ideas for zombie stories. This is the first one that worked it's way to a fully developed idea.


3. What is the genre of the book?
Young Adult Horror


4. Which actor would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I'm not sure. I'll have to think about this one.


5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Wanting to be popular, a boy decides to attempt training a zombie which ends up causing him all sorts of problems.


6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency/publisher?
 I will self-publish this book.


7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I'm currently working on this story. My goal is to have the manuscript completely edited by the end of this month.


8. What other books would you compare this story to within  your genre?
books by R.L. Stine


9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
 It was definitely my nightmares that inspired the idea for this book.


10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
In the world I've created for my story, zombies are like cockroaches in that they tend to turn up anywhere and everywhere, so to combat the infestation, there are Zombie Exterminators who can be called to take care of zombie infestations just like you call the bug guys or the dog catcher.